A minor distraction is all it takes for a laptop to vanish. If it goes missing, all the valuable information stored on it may fall into the hands of an identity thief. Keep these tips in mind when you’re out and about with your laptop:
- Treat your laptop like cash.
- Lock your laptop with a security cable.
- Be on guard in airports and hotels.
- Consider an alarm for your laptop.
- Consider carrying your laptop in something less obvious than a laptop case.
- Leave your laptop unattended — even for just a moment.
- Put your laptop on the floor.
- Leave your laptop in the car.
- Keep passwords with your laptop or in its case.